NAS Install Notes
- The default user/password to log into the admin page in supersync is 'admin' and 'admin'.
To setup & install the SuperSync Server on Amahi NAS, follow the steps below:
- Download the SuperSync Server Application from the Add-On Apps in Amahi
- Once downloaded, click on the SuperSync icon to install the SuperSync Server
SuperSync is available as a pre-installed and configured option in VortexBox.
- Navigate to your VortexBox web page. Enter the IP address or use the host name into a browser.
- Click on the "VortexBox Upgrade" link
- Click on the SuperSync "Install" button
- Navigate to the SuperSync web page, by accessing http://HOST:5360/ (where HOST is the IP or Host name of your VortexBox.)
To setup & install the SuperSync Server on ReadyNAS, follow the steps below:
- Download the .deb package (supersync-version-build.all.deb)
- Navigate to your NAS web page. Enter the IP address or use the host name.
- Click on the "Apps" tab
- Click on the "Upload" button
- Click the Browse button and select the SuperSync .deb package
- Click Upload
- The application will install in the background.
- When complete, you will be notified by email and/or by an alert in the Apps area.
- Turn the SuperSync service switch to the ON position and wait a few seconds while it starts.
- Click the Launch button
To setup & install the SuperSync Server on Synology NAS, follow the steps below:
SuperSync on Synology requires Java, which is available in a two-step download process by installing the application Java Manager.
- Download the .spk package (supersync-version-build.noarch.spk)
- Navigate to your Synology web page. Enter the IP address or use the host name into a browser.
- Open the "Package Center"
- Click on the "Install / Update" button
- Click the Browse button and select the SuperSync .spk package file
- Click Next
- Accept the terms and conditions and click next
- If you get an error about not having Java installed, install the Synology Java Manager package, then download and install a compatible JRE using the steps provided in the Synology Java Manager Help.
- Check the "Run after installation" and click the Apply button.
- From the "Files" menu, select the SuperSync application icon.
To be done...